It has been 6 weeks since the earthquake. Things have mostly returned to normal where we live, save it be we're still living off water storage. Our house is tilted now and blows in the wind. Our back door doesn't close, the base of the house has cracks in it as well as numerous of the walls inside. The house moves slightly when people walk across it. (It's a tiny bit like one of those playground toys that you sit on opposite sides of and take turns pushing up and down on. I forget what they're called.) People are slipping down the stairs much, much less now and I think we've all figured out how to not trip as we walk up.
We're doing okay though. The neighborhood plumbing is back up and functioning. So, the kids are back in school. They have to take their own water to drink though. Public transportation is running just fine now. Most of the mud has been removed. The city has been piecing the neighborhoods back together. Many trees, power poles, and sidewalks etc... are still standing at a slant though. Today we went on a walk after school and marveled at the angle certain things were slanting at. Certain things at the stores are still being rationed. Things like milk and water, especially. You're only given so much, and it's per family, which makes me really glad we have water storage because we have a family of 8 and I'm nursing Marie too, so, in other words, all of our cooking water has to be purified too.
Hey, very nice site. I came across this on Google, and I am stoked that I did. I will definitely be coming back here more often. Wish I could add to the conversation and bring a bit more to the table, but am just taking in as much info as I can at the moment. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeletePortable Toilet Seat
Keep Posting:)