Thursday, July 1, 2010

Introduction

It was about a year ago when we found out I had stage 4 cancer. We live in Japan and our 5 young children (at that time ages 2 to 11) were emergency flown out of the country to be cared for by my husband's side of the family soon after the first tumor was discovered. I had collapsed, needing surgery, and was unable to take care of them. A week after surgery, the stage 4 diagnosis came.

This is a blog that I am putting together to share how this...I don't know what to call it...has gone and what we've learned. I am hoping it may also help others too. I don't know how to do a blog. Hopefully it will get pieced together as time goes on. Presently, we're over half way to having our 6th child. At age 38, I'm 23 and a half weeks along. I figured I ought to get this blog going, and, maybe by the time baby number 6 is born, I'll have caught up to speed with how blogging works!
Welcome aboard! May God breathe peace into your soul. He IS at the "steering wheel" of everything.

(The blog may stamp the time this post was published at. Considering time differences, it is just after 7:30 PM here.)

2 comments:

  1. I think it will be neat to see your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melanie - Your hope is fulfilled, even before you begin. You have helped so many others as you have shared your testimony while 'living' through this journey. You raise me up. Live, Laugh and Love.

    p.s. - Do you know yet if the baby is a boy or girl?

    ReplyDelete